In 1835, a group of early settlers met in a log cabin and started The Church at Mt. Gilead. The group eventually built a frame building in 1839 to provide the church its first permanent home. By the end of 1858, church membership numbered 56. This structure served as Mt. Gilead's home for 62 years when a new building was built next to it. 

Mt. Gilead continued to grow. In 1919, construction began on a new building, and the original structure was sold at auction. Although delayed by World War l, work was completed in 1920. The congregation celebrated being debt-free in less than three years, and Mt. Gilead continued to grow. Using congregation talents an addition was completed in 1972, providing six classrooms and a little breathing room.MG2 (10967 N. Kitchen Rd. Mooresville IN)

In 1977, construction began on a new building on Kitchen Road, next to 1920 construction. On June 18,1978, the congregation celebrated its first service in the new, expanded building. In 1979, after nearly 60 years the old building was torn down.  The 1978 building has been renovated and currently houses much of the Student Ministry activities. 



In 2000, our facility at 6019 State Road 144 was completed. This building project nearly quadrupled the square footage of the church building with nearly 41,000-square-feet.  In October 2008, Mt. Gilead Church became debt free when the mortgage for the current facility was paid off. 

MG House

(31 Indianapolis Rd. Mooresville,IN) In 2011 work began on MG House, a 15,000 square foot building dedicated to the purpose of bringing glory to God through good deeds done in the name of Jesus that meet the pressing needs of people in our community.  The MG House is a building designed around the idea that a church can partner with the community to do "good deeds to meet pressing needs." MG House supports Mt. Gilead Local Missions,  such as Morgan County Food and Rescue, Community Meals, and various church groups operate from this facility throughout the week.