In 1835, a group of early settlers met in a log cabin and started The Church at Mt. Gilead. The group eventually built a frame building in 1839 to provide the church its first permanent home. This structure served as Mt. Gilead's home for 62 years when a new building was built next to it.
During its history, Mt. Gilead has continued to grow. In the late 1990s, the decision was made to build a nearly 41,000-square-foot facility on property the church had purchased off State Road 144. This building project nearly quadrupled the square footage of the church building. But despite all this space, more space is needed.
The former building on Kitchen Road, which was completed in 1978, was renovated and is the current MG2, which houses much of the Student Ministry activities.
In 2005, an eight-member building committee started the process of planning the Phase II building project, which will include a 1,500-seat worship center and more than double the square footage of the current building.
In 2008, Mt. Gilead Church moved closer to this expansion by paying off the mortgage for the current building.
Mt. Gilead Church | 6019 East State Road 144 | Mooresville, IN 46158 | 317.831.1900